Sunday, October 14, 2012

Chania, CRETE

A Back Street in Chania, Crete (Image)
Boating off Koum Kapi Beach (Image)
Recent Photo Exposé of Chania, Crete

For the past couple months, I've been visiting Chania each Friday on the Navigator of the Seas.  I really love the vibe in the old city.  So much history on this Greek island!  The earliest civilization in all of Europe was established here on Crete.  There are many important geological digs around the island with many layers of old, new and everything in between marked by an occasional reminder of Turkish conquest...  I was delighted to find a lovely stretch of beach just past Koum Kapi on the West side of town.  I'd love to stay a few nights in this old city.  There are abundant small rooms for rent.



Clear Waters of Koum Kapi Beach (Image)

1 comment:

  1. My kids started school, so having a strong base in Melbourne has been a key priority. I’m not daunted by the travel. People say, ‘It’s so far to Australia,’ and I say, ‘You get on the plane, you eat well, you sleep, you wake up – and you’re there.’ – Geoffrey Rush Flights to Dar Es Salaam
    Cheap Flights to Dar Es Salaam
    Cheap Air Tickets to Dar Es Salaam

    ReplyDelete